- The Board has placed a HOLD on this Special Interest Group for 2019.
2017 Tours —>
- Wednesday, October 25, 2017 – Behind the Scenes at the Albuquerque Sunport – October 25, 2017. This was so popular in April that this second tour was arranged. The tour included a van/bus tour of Sunport operations; a walk-through of a Boeing-727 aircraft, a walking tour of indoor airport facilities/communication center, and a briefing on airport safety/security, improvement projects and other areas of interest.
- Saturday, August 19th, 2017 – UNM Anthropology Professor Frank C. Hibben home (Hibben Safari House) – Lunch is planned at Yanni’s after the morning tour. Sign-up sheet for the tour will available during the May through August membership meetings.
- Wednesday, July 19th, 11:30 a.m. – A private brewery tour was set up at the Ponderosa Brewing Company. We also had lunch at the brewery after the tour. Ponderosa Brewing Company was able to build a brewery right in the heart of the Sawmill District as part of its revitalization. Ponderosa Brewing Company was born September 2, 2014, with a lot of help from local businesses, local breweries, friends, and family.
- Afternoon Tea at St. James Tearoom – Wednesday, March 22, 2017 – 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017 – Behind the Scenes at the Albuquerque Sunport.
2016 Tours —->
Steam locomotive restoration exhibit tour – Wednesday, October 12, 2016
Casa Rondeña Winery tour. Wednesday, August 17, 2016 http://www.casarondena.com/